Protect your online privacy, with our temporary mobile numbers
What is a temporary phone number?
At its simplest, a masked or temporary phone number is a telephone number that you use instead of your actual mobile number.
There are several reasons you’d want to do this, but the main reason for a user to send, or receive, a call or text from a number that’s not their actual number behind the call, is to simply hide or protect their identity until they know the person who is calling or texting them.
Why use a temporary phone number?
Most people use temporary or virtual numbers to hide their real phone number for whatever reason, whether it is from someone they have met socially who is hassling them for a number, a dating site where they don’t want anyone to find out their real number and stalk them, or authenticate themselves online on sites like whatsapp where they just don’t want to give their number out.
People who work from home or sell online will often use temporary numbers to help separate their home communications from their business life. And because we offer multiple numbers tied back to one original number, it is possible with us to have as many numbers as you want and use them for different aspects of your personal or business life.
With our call routing software we are able to hide your proper, or ‘real’ phone number and link it to one which you make publicly available for receiving and sending calls and texts.
With our unique service we will supply you with a your own masked mobile phone number that you can give to anyone when asked. When they call that number you will be able to answer their call on your phone, just as normal and also call them back from your phone as normal. There is no need for you to download an app; you can phone or text, confident in knowing that you are protecting your online identity.
Use our temporary phone numbers and phone number masking services to protect yourself online until you know who you are talking to and think of us as your Paypal for your online identity. Like them, we help your do business with anyone; they protect your bank account details, we protect your real phone numbers and protect your privacy at the same time.
How it works
- Validate your current UK mobile number to prove to us it is yours.
- We will supply you with a temporary UK mobile number.
- Give this temporary mobile number rather than your real one, to people you are not sure of.
- They contact or message you on your temporary number as normal.
- They are routed to your mobile phone as if they have called you on your real number.
- You get back in touch with them on your mobile phone using this number you have given them (they are never aware they are not calling you on your real number).
- You use your mobile phone as normal, you don’t have to download any app, it is not VOIP and all your calls are carried over your phone network as normal.
- We are going to launch at first with Text/SMS and then voice.
- We are also going to launch the service firstly in the UK, then Canada and then the USA, followed by another 50+ countries.
Our service is going fully live end of March 2019. However, we will be releasing about 10 numbers per day between now and when we go live. Each number we release will have 10 credits and will give you a chance to try the service for free.